Is Your Kitchen Wreaking Havoc on Your Utility Bill? Build A Bath & Kitchen Can Help!
If you've been wondering how you can lower your energy bills, remodeling your kitchen can make a difference. Below are five ways you can improve the efficiency of your kitchen and save money in the long run.
1. Install Low-Flow Faucets – Low-flow faucets use less water to take care of everyday needs such as handwashing. In many cases, low-flow faucets can lower water usage by as much as 60 percent.
2. Opt for Energy-Efficient Appliances – Outdated appliances like old dishwashers eat up energy with excess water use. A refrigerator upgrade is always a good choice, but you should know that its location has a lot to do with its performance. Keep your fridge away from any heat sources like the stove or a dishwasher and out of direct sunlight. Be sure to make room between the refrigerator and the kitchen wall so air can circulate around the condenser coils.
3. Survey Water Damage – Check to make sure that there are no surprise leaks behind your appliances. Not only is this a major waste of water, but it’s also a major source of structural damage.
4. Choose recessed overhead lighting, and make sure it’s insulated – Anyone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen knows the value of good lighting. Recessed lighting provides a well-lit room with an aura of warmth. Homeowners need to make sure that the electrician thoroughly insulates the space around the light to prevent air leaks.
5. Replace Windows – There comes a point where no amount of caulking will prevent a window from leaking air and using the right glass for your area’s climate is necessary to aid in lowering energy costs. A home renovation professional will tell you which windows perform best in certain climates as well as what types of glass permit the most amount of solar radiation.
Build A Bath specializes in complete bathroom remodels from design to completion. Our quality product line and skilled craftsmen are sure to add value to your home. We build custom tile shower enclosures to fit your lifestyle. Our lifetime fixtures, stone countertops and solid wood cabinetry are sure to make you proud of your bathroom. We pride ourselves on keeping a clean jobsite and taking care of our customers!